Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thursday March 26, 2015 Hosea 6:6

I want you to show love, not offer sacrifices. I want you to know me more than I want burnt offerings. (Hosea 6:6 NLT)
If there ever was a question of what God desires of us, this passage should put that to rest. Stated loud and clear for us is God's desire to know us and have relationship with us. I find this humbling and amazingly encouraging all at the same time. Any question of each individual's sacred worth should vanish at the reading of these words. It is even more meaningful to me that we find these words in the Old Testament when people were still bound under a system of sacrifices and burnt offerings. If it was true then that the Maker of the universe desired relationship with His children, how much more so now that Jesus has sacrificed His own life to reconcile us? A dear friend recently reminded me that it really is true that God is love and experiencing that particular love personally is life's greatest joy. May that joy rise up in each of us and overflow into the world around us!
Prayer for today: God who is the source of all love, we are so amazed that you care for us as You do! Continue to draw us into closer and deeper communion with You we pray. Help us to openly express the joy of our relationship with You that seeing that joy, others would desire to know You and experience for themselves the love of Christ Jesus, in whose name we now pray. AMEN!
Confession for today: I confess that I am a child of the one true King and His love for me is so great that He gave His only Son that I might be saved and brought into relationship with Him. I will honor that relationship and work diligently to keep it vibrant. I declare this by faith in Jesus. AMEN!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just can't hear it often enough...God loves ME, the sinner who is continually falling short. I have no idea why he would want a relationship with me, but he does, he says so in his word, over and over again. Praise God!!