Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday March 13, 2015 Micah 6:8b

And what does the Lord require of you? 
To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8b

My favorite Bible verse has been very important for me.  I stumbled upon it while reading the Bible as a boy, years before I even entered a church, much less was baptized or having joined. 
I was blessed to grow up in a loving family. We had a struggling farm that morphed into a struggling retail lumber yard. I was very grateful for what we had: enough food, enough clothes, a warm house that was dry. And more than enough love to go around.  Our section of Bristol Township was such that we had many more blessings than a lot of my friends. I learned to respect all people, and believe me, there was real variety in people's situations! Loving mercy became  a vital part of my upbringing.  Caring about others, treating all people as worthy persons made it natural to grow into ministries from Mozambique Volunteer in Mission to teaching in the prison for Rising Hope.  I have had years of involvement with the Newburgh Ministry, especially the homeless shelter.  In all of these justice and mercy ministries I experience God's presence in the people around me. I pray that I will continue to walk humbly with my God, who will continue to open doors to even more of his children. -- Henry McCarter
Prayer for today: Gracious God, who loves and cares for all persons, help us this day to be mindful of justice, mercy and humility, which You have listed not as suggestions, but rather requirements. As we go through THIS day open our eyes to the many opportunities to practice these and motivate us to do so for Your glory. May all our actions be pleasing to You. We ask in Jesus' name AMEN!
Confession for today: I confess that as I walk with my God this day I will do so with humility in all things and I will be vigilant to find ways to practice justice and mercy in all my dealings with the people He places in my path. I declare this by faith in Jesus. AMEN!

No comments: