Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Wednesday March 4, 2015 Isaiah 43:1-2

... the one who formed you says, “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. (Isaiah 43:1-2 NLT)

Such words of comfort for God's children! Through Christ, the God who made us ransoms us back to Himself and He gives us His promise to be with us no matter what we face. No matter how difficult the challenge, no matter how overwhelming the circumstance may seem, God Almighty who made heaven and earth and everything in them promises to be with us. Not only that, but He promises we will not drown nor will we be consumed.  And we know He keeps every promise forever. (Psalms 146:6 NLT). Hallelujah!
Prayer for today: God of power and promise, we love You and give thanks for this promise to be with us no matter what we need to overcome. Call out to us, we pray, when discouragement sets in and remind us of Your presence, Your power and Your promise. I ask in Jesus name. AMEN!
Confession for today: I confess that no matter what  I may face, I recognize that by God's power and grace I will not drown in rivers of difficulty nor be consumed by fires of oppression. God knows my name and through Christ Jesus I am His now and for eternity.  I declare this by faith in Jesus' name.AMEN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Tracy, for starting this study! It is indeed a blessing to be in fellowship on cold days when one would rather be inside the comfort of a warm home.

This verse reminds us that nothing can separate us from God's love in Christ (Romans 8:38). One thing I am liable to forget is that fearing those Christ-obstacles demonstrates lack of trust in God. It is right to shun what is evil and, seeing our humility, the Devil will flee from us (James 4:7). This is different from fearing the evil thing and its power over us.

The Old Testament reminds us, particularly in Ecclesiastes and Proverbs, to fear God instead. One challenge for me is to be God-reliant rather than self-reliant.

-Tim G.


Tracy said...

Yes Tim! Way too often I place fear of man ahead of fear of God. And I too struggle with being self reliant. Habits of a lifetime are hard to break aren't they. I guess that's why we need a savior!