Monday, March 23, 2015

Monday March 23, 2015 Galations 6:9

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. (Galatians 6:9 NLT)
I love this passage because it gives me an often-needed reminder to never give up. Life can be very discouraging at times. Circumstances test us and people often disappoint. Yet the author of Hebrews encourages us to run with endurance the race set before us (see Sunday March 15 post). The very next verse in the Hebrews passage reminds us that Jesus himself was able to endure the cross for the joy set before Him...the Joy of heaven of which he of all people, being fully God, had personal knowledge. While we as believers can look forward to that same joy, thanks to His sacrifice for us, I believe that God often uses our trials to bless us in some way right here in this life. However, we frequently miss the blessing He wished to bestow upon us by succumbing to spiritual  weariness and giving up too soon. In this passage, Paul reminds us to persevere in doing good and that God will shower us with blessing (a whole harvest) at just the right time. What good thing has God given you to do? Are you becoming discouraged? The Lord sees you and loves you and wants to encourage you to keep at it. Never.Give.Up!
Prayer for today: Most Gracious God, we love You and praise You and give You thanks for those exemplary ones you have placed before us to encourage us to persevere. Help us, we pray, to be ever faithful in our pursuit of doing good and see our "assignments" through so that we may reap that harvest of blessing You have prepared for us for just the right time. We ask in Jesus' name. AMEN!
Confession for today: I confess that I am able, with God's help, to overcome weariness and discouragement that sometimes comes with doing His will. God will not only empower and equip me to do good but will shower me with blessing for so doing, be it in this life or the next. I declare this by faith in Jesus. AMEN!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a good reminder for me that when my joy is being stolen it is important to remember to do good. It helps to bring me out of my doldrums.
I think the song by John Waller is so poignant, "While I'm Waiting"
I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord

Tracy said...

i Agree Evelyn. Nothing lifts your spirit like helping someone else.