Monday, March 9, 2015

Monday March 9, 2015 Hosea 6:6

I want you to show love, not offer sacrifices. I want you to know me more than I want burnt offerings. (Hosea 6:6 NLT) 
Wow! Two such important concepts here that both speak of the heart of God and the value God places on love. First, that He values love over anything else we might do for him. How often do we take on some task for The Lord but do it begrudgingly out of a sense of duty rather than joyfully out of love for God or those we are serving? This passage shows us what God thinks about that kind of service. The second sentence shows us how deeply God desires to be in relationship with us. That is a concept that always blows me away...how God loves us...each one personally and desires for us to be with Him. So much so that He sent Jesus  to redeem us and reconcile us to himself. Hallelujah!
Prayer for today: God, who loves us, each one, work in our hearts and minds to help us grasp and believe with all our being the depth of Your love for us. Create in us likewise such a love and desire for You. Help us to infuse our every sacrifice with love for You and love for those we serve. I ask this in the name of Him who is the embodiment of Your love, Jesus. AMEN!
Confession for today: I confess that because God values love over all else we might give Him, I will serve Him with love and I will do all that is in my power to know Him more and nurture my relationship with Him above all else. I declare this by faith in Jesus' name. AMEN!

No comments: