Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thursday March 19, 2015 Philippians 4:8

Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are just; whatsoever things are noble, whatsoever things are pure; whatsoever things are lovely; whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue and if there be anything praiseworthy, meditate on these things. (Philippians 4:8) 
I tend to be a worrier. Although I know we are to cast our burdens upon The Lord, and that not to do so is a poor witness, not to mention fruitless, harmful and a waste of time, I often find it difficult to do so. A concern... a fear...a hurt...a lie of the enemy...any of these can begin swirling in my thoughts until it overwhelms me. When I find myself in "that place" these are the words I repeat to myself to remind me that I have a God who loves me, works for my good, and will never forsake me. They are the words of truth I use to replace the other kind of words which are faithless and may even be harmful. I've used them countless times this way and suspect I will continue to do so. It's how I "take each thought captive and bring it  into obedience to Christ". Praise God for His word which is indeed alive and active.
Prayer for today: God of all truth, we love You and praise You. Help us to realize the importance of our thought life and take charge of it, thinking thoughts that are pleasing to You. Thank you for this formula you have given us in Your word for doing just that. We ask in Jesus' name. AMEN!
Confession for today:  I confess that though the enemy may wish to distract and torture me with faithless and worthless thoughts, I am in charge of my thoughts. I can and will take charge of them and focus on right thinking which will strengthen me and keep me walking in Your way O God. I declare this by faith in Jesus. AMEN!


2 comments:

Tracy said...

From Pauline:
Thanks for the reading it reminds me not to worry . Growing up we hear many things that shape who we are one thing was moms worry that's my job. I've changed this a bit for I've come to know God better and know God does not want us to worry so much . Infact he wants us to leave our worries with him . As we get better at that we receive even more blessings and joys . On a better note some old things we learn is to pray and talk to God I remember fondly praying this prayer with my grandma Mathew 7;7 ask and it will be given to you seek and you will find knock and the door will be opened unto you for everyone who asks receives he who seeks finds and who knocks the door will be opened My prayer is that we worry less . Ask more, seek more and be brave enough to open the doors Where God is leading In his name amen

Anonymous said...

He is our Friend, as so many songs say. Only a perfect friend wants to hear our every woe.
-Tim Getz