Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday March 27, 2015 Jeremiah 20:13

You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13 ESV)
This verse has been so true in my own life. Those times when I am focused on God have been my times of growth in my spiritual life. Those times when God seems distant have been the times when things other than God have loomed large in my life, distracting me. We were reminded  yesterday  that our God yearns to be in relationship with us. God does not change, he is the same yesterday today and tomorrow. We, unfortunately are far less  steady. We can be sure that if God seems distant the problem is on our end. Am I being consistent in spending quiet time studying His word, and in prayer? Am I worshipping and giving thanks? Do I have unconfessed or even unrecognized sin in my life? God stands patiently waiting for us to seek Him earnestly, with our whole heart and the promise here is that when we do we will find Him. Good news for us since we know He keeps every promise forever(Psalm 146:6)!
Prayer for today: Father God, we love You and are so grateful for Your love for us and Your desire to be in relationship with us. Help us we pray, to be so desperate to know You that we will seek You with our whole hearts, knowing that when we do, we will find You. We ask this in Jesus' name. AMEN!
Confession for today: I confess that I will seek after God with my whole heart so that I can claim the promise of finding Him. I declare this by faith in Jesus. AMEN!

1 comment:

Molly Reid said...

Yes, the Lord is there at all times! If we set aside our ego and thinking that we know best, our hearts and minds open to His message and love.