Saturday, March 14, 2015

Saturday March 14, 2015 Psalm 130:5

I wait for Jehovah my soul doth wait and in his word I hope. Psalm 130:5 

Waiting on the Lord's timing is not that hard  once you realize it's an opportunity for growth somewhere else.  So as we wait we lift up our prayers or needs then go and do something else i.e. help a friend do housework or a craft or listen to Christian music etc . I agree our society has lost sight of this. Praise God for His word and people who serve as examples who help each other to not lose sight of the joy of waiting upon The Lord. I also would love to see this taught and practiced in our schools as our students seem to be constantly pushed in every direction. One prayer I have as I see many high school kids trying so hard to do it all is that they learn to be still in God's presence as they travel their journey to become successful men and women . For true success is only achieved by Gods plan for us. One confession I have is that I wish I truly understood that concept when I was younger! --Pauline Corti
Prayer for today: Father God,we love You and give You our praise this day. Lord we thank You for Your timing which is perfect despite what our desires may tell us to the contrary. Help us to use our waiting times to grow closer to You by prayers, service and time in Your word. Let us teach our young people by our own example, no matter our age. We ask this in Jesus's name. AMEN!
Confession for today: I confess that God's timing is perfect and I will wait patiently for it in all areas of my life. I will not try to circumvent God's timing by my own works of the flesh for I realize that is futile and a poor witness. I declare this by faith in Jesus. AMEN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your interpretation reminds me of rush hour traffic, Pauline. For some reason, we need to be first; when someone cuts us off, we take it so personally, rather than recognizing we would have done the same thing on that side of the intersection.

Waiting for God's direction reminds us we do not have to know it all. Consider the phrase, wait _on_ God and what that implies. May we all cultivate humility within ourselves first, and then to others!
-Tim Getz

Tracy said...

Pauline- I love the statement we lift our needs in prayer and then go do something else. I think preferably help someone else with THEIR needs. This is such an act of trust and faith. I tend to perseverate bringing the same need over and over. I know we are to pray without ceasing but I bet The Lord would love for me to claim what he's already done for me and move on. I want to remember these words of wisdom...lift my prayer then go do something else. Thanks for that!