Saturday, March 21, 2015

Saturday March 21, 2015 Philippians 4:6-7

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7New King James Version (NKJV)

It is a given that there are difficulties in life and they will always be there.  Problems at work, financial burdens, complications in relationships, dealing with children/young adults, etc. - all begin to build and many times as the pressures of life start piling on, I begin to feel the physical, mental and spiritual signs of stress.

These verses remind me that God is in control and His will is going to be done.  God invites me to join Him in the process – He wants me to participate in His plans!  He wants me to rely on Him for everything – my wants and the wants of my family, afflictions, embarrassments and trials, everything relating to my spiritual condition – there is nothing which pertains to body, mind, home, friends, conflicts, losses, trials, hopes and fears that I cannot present to the Lord.  When I completely surrender to Him with grateful confidence and dependence on Him and allow Him to guide me, I find myself at peace.  This is when I know I am right where I am supposed to be.

When God is first in my life and is my true heart’s desire, the requests I present to Him tend to line up with His will.  I can boldly claim His promises and know He will provide all of the protection I need to overcome anything the world throws my way.  Ultimately, Paul reminds me that God is in control and I have absolutely nothing to worry about! --Laurie McGuffey
Prayer for today: God of all Power, You are so good and gracious to Your children! We give thanks that through Christ, we are welcome to come to You in prayer with any concern whether great or small. Teach our anxious hearts to do just that. Remind us that worry is useless and indeed harmful but prayer is powerful and life giving. Help us learn to come to You with grateful hearts as our first recourse instead of a last resort. We ask in Jesus' name. AMEN!
Confession for today: I reject worry and anxiety and claim the peace of God, which is His will for me. I can subdue anything that threatens my peace by bringing it to The Lord with thanksgiving in Jesus name. I declare this by faith in Jesus! AMEN!

No comments: