Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday March 20, 2015 Psalm 32:7

You are my hiding place; 
You shall preserve me from trouble; 
You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Psalm 32:7

I have a lot of favorite Bible verses so it would be really hard to pick any one. However, when Paul was battling his atrial fibrillation after his stroke he was a very broken man thinking that he was being punished by God.  One night I was rather at wits end of what to do anymore so I got out the Bible and just opened up to whatever chapter. I opened to Psalm 32. It was interesting because that was his number assigned in football back in High School. It really hit home and offered him some peace. I like the whole Psalm but verse 7 could sum it up. We made that a regular practice and he seemed to be calmed when I read to him. --Kathleen Kersten 
Prayer for today: Father God, we love You and praise You. We give thanks for Your word that speaks to our souls bringing peace and comfort in times of trial. Lord, You are indeed that safe haven and through Christ have delivered us. Hallelujah! We pray in Jesus' name. AMEN!
Confession for today: I confess that there is power in God's word for it is alive and active (Hebrews 4:12) and a source of knowledge, wisdom and peace.  I will be blessed as I meditate on it day and night (Psalm 1:2). I declare this by faith in Jesus. AMEN!

No comments: