Saturday, March 21, 2015

Sunday March 22, 2015 Mark 10:15

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.  Mark 10:15
What does it mean to receive the kingdom of God as a little child? To me, it means that we must trust the Lord our God the way a child trusts it's parent. An infant cannot do anything for itself but must rely fully and completely on it's parent to provide food, shelter, warmth, comfort. When a baby is in distress it will cry out, but since it cannot speak, it has to trust that the one who responds will know what it needs. This is how we must trust in God, that God, our holy parent, will provide all that we need. Yes, we can go to God in prayer and bring a list of things that we think we need, but we must recall that God knows better than we do what will satisfy our desires, so must learn to cry out to God when we suffer, and then to trust that God will know what to do.
Prayer for today:  God give me the trust of a child. Create in me a willingness to abandon my needs and desires to you, knowing that you will take care of all my needs. Help me to remember that you have in mind for me a future with hope. Help me to see the answers that you provide to my prayers, even when they don't come in ways that I expect them to. I ask in Jesus' name. AMEN!
Confession for today: God I confess that I am impatient and selfish. When you offer me the promise of a new future, I complain that you don't get me there fast enough. When you provide for my needs, I complain that it isn't enough. Teach me to be patient. Instruct me to be grateful. In my complaints, challenge me to consider the big picture - to see the oppression, injustice, and inequality around me. Help me to see the good of my own situation and to understand the situation of those who suffer. In my impatience, help me to trust in your most perfect will that good things will come in your time. Help me to trust in you God.
--Susan Chupungco

No comments: